Junkee Media launched four years ago with a remit to shake up Australia’s pop culture landscape. With a fresh take and unique attitude, Junkee quickly established itself as one of the most interesting new voices in Australian media. Junkee was named Media Brand of the Year at the Mumbrella Awards in its first year online, and its funny, smart, ballsy and interesting take on news, film, politics, TV and more has seen it develop a strong following.
Here's why we need you…
We're on the lookout for a talented new Staff Writer who loves pop culture & entertainment news to join our Editorial team.
You will play an integral role in helping to produce and promote daily news across a wide variety of topics targeted towards our devoted Junkee Media audience.
Here's what you'll do...
- Pitch, collaborate and brainstorm news stories for Junkee
- Stay up to date and respond to the latest in Australian entertainment news
- Work with the Editor and News Editor to make sure that all content is on brand, optimised for user experience, SEO and executed to the highest standards
- Implement best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style
- Sub-edit copy
- Amplify content through social media
Here's what you'll look like...
- Knowledge and demonstrable skills in digital copy writing and editing
- Be able to present published examples of writing across Australian news and entertainment channels and be able to demonstrate a unique tone of voice through your work
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of distributing content through social media including Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram and Tumblr
- Prior experience working in a fast paced environment both autonomously and in a team
- Experience in utilising Google Analytics and Facebook Insights to track content performance
- Showcase an obsessive love for correct grammar
- Be well versed in snappy headlines ...and know the difference between clickable and clickbait
- Demonstrate a clear passion for writing and love for what you do
- Be familiar with Junkee Media as a consumer and be able to articulate your interest in joining our family
- Be a collaborate team player who is self-aware and fantastic communicator
- Degree qualified in journalism or other professional writing discipline
Please apply via this link: https://www.livehire.com/job/junkee/R39HP/
Published by: Junkee Media in News