Junkee Media launched five years ago with a remit to shake up Australia’s pop culture landscape. With a fresh take and unique attitude, Junkee quickly established itself as one of the most interesting new voices in Australian media. Junkee was named Media Brand of the Year at the Mumbrella Awards in its first year online, and its funny, smart, ballsy and interesting take on news, film, politics, TV and more has seen it develop a strong following.
Here's why we need you...
We're on the hunt for a talented Travel Editor to join the team.
AWOL is produced in partnership with Qantas and inspires young Australians to travel the world.
The AWOL Editor is ultimately responsible for writing daily news and features while managing an in-house staff writer and team of enthusiastic freelance contributors in commissioning features and editing. The Editor also oversees the title’s social video output.
The ideal candidate will be a super fast writer, well-versed in standard editorial operations and have a sophisticated understanding of the digital publishing ecosystem and native content. You’ll be social media savvy and know how to get your content seen as widely as possible.
Above all you’ll write original content that stands out from the crowd and have a real passion for engaging and award-winning storytelling.
- Source, write and commission timely, accurate and inspiring travel content in the AWOL tone of voice
- Work in partnership with AWOL account team to oversee social video output
- Commission, sub-edit, proof and publish content via the AWOL CMS
- Set and execute functional content calendars
- Manage an in-house staff writer and team of freelance contributors
- Social pushes and image selection
- Represent AWOL at all levels in front of audience and client
- Editorial reporting and budget tracking
Here's what you'll look like...
- A Bachelor’s degree in Media and Communication, Arts or English
- At least three years’ working in a travel editor position or similar
- Portfolio of published work with demonstrated ability to amplify content across social media
- Experience managing people, time and budgets
- Computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Mac operation
- Passion for and interest in local and international travel, new technologies and communications platforms
- An understanding of, and alignment with, Junkee Media’s Vision, Purpose and Core Values
Published by: Junkee Media in News