We are on the hunt for a full-time Senior Writer - with a passion for all things music and pop culture - to join our editorial team in Surry Hills, Sydney.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced editor and writer who loves all things music at home and abroad, and is fascinated by the many ways music intersects with the worlds of pop culture, news and politics in 2018.
Here's what you'll do...
You will write, commission and edit daily content across a wide variety of topics, covering everything from daily music and pop culture news, to big, impactful features and opinion pieces.
You’ll have a wide and diverse list of contacts to draw from in order to create highly engaging content that will stand out in a crowded marketplace, while keeping Junkee’s audience informed and entertained.
You will be well versed in social media and how to get your content seen as widely as possible, so a proven track record of amplifying content digitally will be looked upon very favourably.
An obsessive love for correct grammar and an aversion to dangling modifiers is required. We’re looking for someone who has a unique tone of voice, can write a snappy headline and who knows the difference between clickable and clickbait.
- Commission and edit freelance content that engages our audience and complements the work produced by our in-house team
- Stay up to date and respond to the latest in Australian entertainment, pop culture and news
- Work with the Managing Editor, site editors and staff writers to make sure that all content is on brand, optimised for user experience and SEO, and executed to the highest standards.
- Implement best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style
- Sub-edit copy
- Amplify content through social media
Here's what you'll look like...
- Tertiary qualification in communications, journalism, professional writing/editing or a related discipline
- At least three years’ experience in digital media, with a proven track record of producing highly engaging, impactful content
- Knowledge and demonstrated skill in digital copywriting and editing
- Published examples of writing across Australian news and entertainment, publishers
- A deep knowledge of distributing content through social media including Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram and Tumblr.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment both autonomously and in a team
- Experience using Google Analytics and Facebook Insights to track content performance
In order to be considered, work samples and links should be uploaded to your LiveHire profile upon application