Junkee Media launched five years ago with a remit to shake up Australia’s pop culture landscape. With a fresh take and unique attitude, Junkee quickly established itself as one of the most interesting new voices in Australian media. Junkee was named Media Brand of the Year at the Mumbrella Awards in its first year online, and its funny, smart, ballsy and interesting take on news, film, politics, TV and more has seen it develop a strong following.
Here's why we need you...
Due to continued business growth and transformation we're on the hunt for a talented Editor to join the Junkee Media team and work closely with the Managing Editor to take Junkee to new heights!
Here's what you'll do....
- Commission and edit daily news and features across a wide variety of topics keeping in mind the Junkee audience and tone of voice at all times
- Manage all content submissions from Staff Writers and Contributors
- Write engaging content that stands out from the crowd, with a keen nose for what makes great news and the ability to find exclusive stories and angles that will grab reader interest
- Act as arbiter across best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style to ensure high content quality from Staff Writers and Contributors
- Assign projects, edit content and manage all outputs to ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person
- Develop and own a functional content calendar; ensure timely, inter-departmental communication regarding calendar of events
- Work with Managing Editor to develop, revise and measure content goals and budget tracking/ reporting
- Represent Junkee at all levels in front of audience, clients and industry
Here's what you'll look like...
- 5+ years experience in a similar editorial role
- Demonstrable passion for about pop culture and truly resonate with the Junkee brand and tone of voice
- Hold an impressive portfolio of published work the showcase your ability to amplify content across social media and online platforms relevant to Junkee
- Prior experience curating and editing content - at least 2-3 unique articles a day + commissioned work
- Experienced in collaborating with a growing team and be excited to share ideas and insights as we look to expand Junkee’s footprint across the news, pop culture and video space
- Well versed in social media amplification and the ability to navigate various CMS and digital platforms will be looked on favorably
- Comfortable managing tight deadlines and prioritising your workload effectively
- Exceptional attention to detail and an obsessive love for correct grammar and aversion to dangling modifiers if required - knowing the difference between clickable and clickbait is a must!
- Experience leading others and being a strong team player to effectively balance the demands of a high pressured environment is key
- Strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Mac operation a must
- A Bachelor’s degree in Media and Communication, Arts or English preferred
Apply via this link:
Published by: Junkee Media in News