Junkee Media, Australia’s leading youth publisher is on the hunt for a full-time lifestyle editor to join its custom publishing team based in Surry Hills. Junkee Media owns and operates flagship pop culture site Junkee; music site inthemix; and custom publishing sites AWOL and The Cusp.
We’re on the hunt for an exceptional editor with lifestyle and finance writing experience who can help us take The Cusp to the next level. The site is produced in partnership with Westpac and showcases the best wellbeing, career and money content in Australia and around the world.
The Cusp Editor is ultimately responsible for writing daily news and features while managing an in-house staff writer and team of enthusiastic freelance contributors in commissioning features and editing.
The ideal candidate will be a super fast writer, well-versed in standard editorial operations and have a sophisticated understanding of the digital publishing ecosystem and native content. You’ll be social media savvy and know how to get your content seen as widely as possible, so a proven track record of amplifying content digitally will be looked upon very favourably.
- Source, write and commission timely, accurate and inspiring lifestyle and finance content in The Cusp’s tone of voice
- Commission, sub-edit, proof and publish content via The Cusp’s CMS
- Set and execute functional content calendars
- Manage an in-house staff writer and team of freelance contributors
- Social pushes and image selection
- Represent The Cusp at all levels in front of audience and client
- Editorial reporting and budget tracking
- A Bachelor’s degree in Media and Communication, Arts or English
- At least three years’ working in a lifestyle or finance editor position or similar
- Portfolio of published work with demonstrated ability to amplify content across social media
- Experience managing people, time and budgets
- Computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Mac operation
- Passion for and interest in local and international lifestyle and finance trends, new technologies and communications platforms
- An understanding of, and alignment with, Junkee Media’s Vision, Purpose and Core Values
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be The Cusp Editor click on this link to apply. Applications close December 4.
*Due to the high volume of applications Junkee Media receives, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Published by: Junkee Media in News