EDITOR - UNI JUNKEE
Junkee Media, Australia’s leading youth publisher is on the hunt for a full-time editor to help launch its new student vertical, Uni Junkee. Junkee Media owns and operates flagship pop culture site Junkee; music site inthemix; and custom publishing sites AWOL and The Cusp.
Uni Junkee is produced in partnership with parent company oOh! media and is all about the covering the issues that matter most to Australian university, TAFE and college students. For students, by students, Uni Junkee publishes content about student and campus life, sex and dating, jobs and bigger issues across mental health and politics.
The Uni Junkee editor is ultimately responsible for writing daily features while managing a team of enthusiastic student contributors in commissioning features and editing. The editor is also responsible for maximising commercial opportunities through the ideation of original and engaging native content.
The ideal candidate will be a super fast writer, well-versed in standard editorial operations and have a sophisticated understanding of the digital publishing ecosystem and native content. You’ll be social media savvy and know how to get your content seen as widely as possible.
Above all, you’ll write original content that stands out from the crowd and have a real passion for engaging and award-winning storytelling.
- Source, write and commission timely, accurate and inspiring student-centric content in the Uni Junkee tone of voice
- Commission, sub-edit, proof and publish content via the Uni Junkee CMS
- Set and execute functional content calendars
- Manage a large cohort of freelance contributors
- Social pushes and image selection
- Represent Uni Junkee at all levels in front of audience and client, core oOh!media stakeholders
- Editorial reporting and budget tracking
- A Bachelor’s degree in Media and Communication, Arts or English
- At least 1-2 years’ working in a digital publishing environment
- Portfolio of published work with demonstrated ability to amplify content across social media
- Experience editing the work of young writers with the ability to provide constructive feedback
- Computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Mac operation
- Passion for and interest in local and international travel, new technologies and communications platforms
- An understanding of, and alignment with, Junkee Media’s Vision, Purpose and Core Values
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be the Uni Junkee Editor apply HERE
Due to the high volume of interest only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Published by: Junkee Media in News